- August 14, 2020
- Posted by: admin
Design and Supervision of Community Upgrading Infrastructure
|Location:||Awoshie-Pokuase, Accra, Ghana|
|Client:||Government of Ghana/ Department of Urban Roads, Ghana|
|Services:||Detailed Engineering Design and Construction Supervision|
|Period:||2011 to 2013|
Project Corridor Map
The Design and Supervision of Community Upgrading Infrastructure project is one the components of the Awoshie-Pokuase Road and Community Development Project implemented by the Government of Ghana. It involved the provision of social, education and health facilities to rejuvenate the local economy and living standards of the community within the road corridor.
M/S Louis Berger/ Transtech Consult JV was engaged by the Client, the Ministry of Roads and Highways through the Department of Urban Roads, to provide design and construction supervision services for construction of classrooms, health
centres, school latrines, markets, bus terminals and boreholes in the project area.
As a community infrastructure-upgrading project, the key objective was to open up a road corridor with a total area of about 20 kilometres square and a total population close to 400,000. The project involves assessment of local land use plans to:
- Survey Project Affected Persons
- Facilitate Community Engagement
- Ascertain spatial provision for urban development services and infrastructure for education, health, environmental sanitation, markets, and bus terminals
- Facilitate acquisition of the required land for the urban development services and infrastructure
- Provide designs for the construction and rehabilitation of the urban development services and infrastructure
- Undertake hydrogeological and geophysical investigations which will lead to the selection of suitable sites for the provision of drinking water to communities by means of boreholes, ensure quality control of the physico-chemical analysis of water from successful boreholes, ensure that the information obtained from the drilling activities is used to improve the hydrogeological investigations and undertake logging of dry and marginal boreholes for use in earmarking boreholes.
One of the schools designed and constructed